1. How does Tubidy work?
Tubidy indexes videos from user generated content. When you execute a search, it lists results from the moderated videos which users uploaded. When you want to watch a video, it streams directly from the host site to your phone, through our servers. Our servers do the hard work of transcoding (formatting) the stream on-the-fly to work on your phone and your network. All you need to do is search, watch and enjoy our service.
2. May I keep the downloads on my phone?
3. Why audio quality is low?
We believe audio quality is enough for a "watch or listen only" service.
4. Is this a free service?
Yes. Tubidy does not charge users for watching videos. However, standard data charges (for internet access) may apply through your carrier.
5. How do I view videos in full-screen?
On the video playback page, click on the video link you want. In your phone's media player menu, ensure that the 'Full screen' option is selected.
6. I cannot watch videos from Tubidy.mobi on my device?
Please make sure that your phone supports video playback. Please also ensure that your carrier does not block video playback.
7. I get "Error encountered during XML parse" error message on my Blackberry.
Ensure that your browser emulation mode is set to 'Firefox' under browser options. You may also try installing Opera Mini for a better viewing experience.
8. What if the media player hangs while playing a large video or my device crashes?
Your device memory may be full. In your browser menu, go to 'Options' and select 'Cache Operations' to clear the cache. If this still doesn't help, you might have to reset your device.
9. I cannot watch large videos?
Your carrier/connection may limit the playback size. We have provided an option to watch the video in chunks of 1 minute each. On the video playback page, click on Parts 1,2,3,...
10. I'm on a Blackberry and my videos play for only 10 seconds?
You may be using the native browser on your device. Use the media-net browser instead.
11. I can hear audio but I do not see an image when I play the video on my Blackberry?
Ensure that your browser emulation mode is set to 'Blackberry'. [Browser Menu -> Options -> Emulation mode -> Blackberry ]
12. I cannot watch videos on my Blackberry 8700.
The 8700 series do not have media players built in and hence you cannot watch videos. You may try downloading a 3rd party media player to play videos.
13. What are the codec/encoding details of each video/audio format on Tubidy?
3GP Video Regular Quality => 3GPP(H.263/AMRNB)
3GP Video High Quality => 3GPP(MP4/AAC)
3GP Video Parts => 3GPP(H.263/AMRNB)
3GP Video Preview => 3GPP(H.263/AMRNB)
MP4 Video => MP4(H.264/HEv2-AAC)
MP4 Audio => MP4(HEv2-AAC)
14. MP4 videos are not working!
MP4 videos are encoded using H.264 Baseline Profile Level 3 video and HE-AAC v2 audio. Be sure that your phone model supports these codecs. Alternatively you can click 3GP Hi video which is available for every content and supported by more phones on the market.
15. Not all videos have MP4 Video and MP4 Audio versions. Why?
Only top watched videos are having these versions because encoding MP4 Video/Audio (especially with H264/HEv2-AAC codecs) take really long time.